I've got an exciting freebie/deal alert for you all today. This is an all in one type of amazingness!
Zoya has come out with what they call "A Creamy, Matte-Satin lipstick that doesn’t dry and flake…A perfect shade of red that looks good on almost everyone…"
I am more than excited to try this lippy out and I just had to share the fabulous-ness with you guys. Zoya is also known for their lovely Matte Nail polishes, so you know this is a WIN!
Zoya has created this Matte Velvet Lipstick and they're pairing it with Zoya Posh Matte Velvet
Polish in an exclusive Free gift with any $30 purchase on zoya.com. Click on the image below for more details.
To Snag this deal CLICK HERE!!!
Thank me later! :-D
If you do take this deal, let me know in the comment below.
I'm looking forward to trying out the lipstick! Will it beat my current favorite red matte lipstick?
We'll find out!
That's it for now. Till Later, God Bless.
Friday, October 10, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Good day Lovers!
First things first, I MISS YOU ALL SOOO VERY MUCH!!!
Honestly, I do. I thank those who sent emails asking when the heck I was gonna get my life together and UPDATE THE BLOG!
I always smiled and made jokes about how I was gone because every time I did a "come back" post, I'd leave again.
I am no longer making come back posts, and sadly, this isn't one. BUT I do hope this means I can now somehow juggle work, life, and blogging.
I will schedule this post and hope it goes LIVE while I'm doing LIFE!
Sooooo If you're following me on instagram @thediylady, You'll know by now that I CUT MY HAIR!! YASSSSSSSSSSS I did the BIG CHOP!!!
Why did I do it you ask? Well, It's something I've always wanted to do. About a month ago, I made the decision and I did it! It was much shorter than it is in these pictures, but it's interestingly growing quick!
I am happy with my big chop BUT since it's winter, I have been cheating on rocking my natural hair and I've been using some lace wigs.
Once in a while though, I DO ROCK the low cut and let my edges, scalp and hair breathe!
Today I shall be showing you my new hair cut as well as MY CURRENT ABSOLUTE FAVORITE LIP COLOR!!! I say Lip color because it's not a lipstick.
It's Sephora's Lipstain in Always Red!
A friend of mine did henna on my palm as you can see in the picture above.
And right here is a swatch of Always Red by sephora. This lip color dries matte my loves! I am IN LOVE with matte lippies!
But since it's matte, you always have to hurry up with application and remember to get every corner of your lips! I make kissy lips when I apply mine, so that I can get every area without having that weird demarcation on my lips with colored and not-colored area.
I LOVE that it has a application brush (well not brush, but like the bottle lip glosses with an applicator in it). And the fact that it has that applicator thing allows for precise application on the lips! I get perfect lining with it and I am soooo sooo in love with this lip color!
Whether smiling or not, the color fits my face and it's quite possibly my most "asked about" lip color. Every time I wear it, people say.. "what is that magic on your lips Lizzy"?
As you can see by these pictures, I really no longer have so much time to dedicate to taking pictures at home for the blog. Car selfies have become my order of the day because there's just no time!!! Lol...
This haircut does make me experiment more with makeup because I feel a low cut requires some bomb face to pull everything together! Do y'all agree?
I really truly, honestly miss you all and I'm so glad as I type this to be able to somehow interact with you people again!
Here are some more picture spam.. just because...
My eyebrows behaved themselves on this day and I just wish they could always look this fierce!!
SMILEY FACE for you darlingssssss
Teeth looking extra white because of the red lippy!
Alright loves.. That's it for now!!!! I Love you alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Thank you so much for visiting!!!I am trying to be a good girl and post more. There are so many things we need to talk about...
But in the mean time, feel free to catch up with me on instagram @thediylady.
Leave me a comment Loves!!! Say something, anything!! I want to feel connected again with you all. Lol..
Till next time, Take care and God Bless.
EDIT: I wanted to do a breakdown of things I like/dislike about this lip color.
Sephora Lip Stain - Always Red Review
- Application is awesome because it comes in a gloss-like bottle with an applicator. When you apply it, it goes on like gloss then dries matte. This is both a blessing and a curse. You can mistakenly apply outside your lips and then spend forever trying to clean it off. But also, with steady hands, you can use the applicator to line your lips which leaves a clean nice finish.
- This is LONG LASTING! I'm talking, food, sing, talk, all day type of LONG lasting!!! As long as you're not intentionally trying to smear it off, it really does last the daily activities.
- It's not expensive. For you what you get, the price is awesome!
- It takes on an all new personality when used with gloss. The matte is gorgeoussss but it's also beautiful when used with a gloss.
- It takes a no makeup face to BOMB face in ten seconds. Lol... Seriously!!!
- I would say you shouldn't use this if you have cracked lips... but that's common sense with all matte lipsticks. So, I suggest using your favorite lip balm to get that nice no-crack lips.
- I BOUGHT A BACKUP! Because so far, I haven't seen something I hate about this. It doesn't have an offensive smell (yes, I hate fruity or strong smells).
I'll probably add more to this list as I remember. Lol... But yeah.. These are some of the most asked questions and I hope it's helped you.