So as I have been hinting on my facebook page and instagram, this month of November is going to be a No-Buy month for me.
This is a challenge and No, I'm not broke. lol.. But I need this no buy so as not to get broke.
I have so many untrieds, and so many things I haven't used in makeup, nail polish, and clothing, that I seriously need to use before I get more things added! Some were gifted, some were purchased by me, but overall, they all need to be used at least ONCE in this month.
SO I declared a No buy November. This is not a first of its kind, as I once did something similar here.
The only difference this time is that there is NO loophole. It's a complete NO BUY.
I am only allowed to spend money towards gas and absolute necessities.
I already have some lovely people joining me in this #NoBuyEmber, and I'm so glad I'm not alone.
So if you want to join, feel free to join!!! On Instagram and Twitter hashtag #NoBuyEmber and you can also tag me @thediylady
That term (NoBuyEmber) was coined by the boyfriend when I told him I'm going on a no buy November. He's going to help keep me accountable. LOL. This should be fun!
The simple rules for NoBuyEmber.
- No purchases AT ALL of all items you regularly buy - Makeup, Nail Polishes, Clothes, Shoes, Crafts and art, Stickers, Yarns, and everything you KNOW you spend way too much on. You know yourself better than anybody else does.
- Since you've most likely splurged and gotten these items all year long, this month of November, Challenge yourself NOT to buy those things while also using up the things you already have. For me, it's a LOT of Un-tried nail polishes. So, I will be using my polishes that have probably never gotten used, or only been used once.
- Shopping for friends and family is ALLOWED - especially with Christmas around the corner, but do not SHOP FOR YOURSELF. No loopholes guys, DO IT right! Lol..
- Yes, thanksgiving is coming up this month, BUT I bet you have something to wear in your closet! Do NOT buy the clothes or shoes or the nail polishes, or whatever it is you feel you need a new pair of. Stay strong (I'm mainly talking to myself here. LOL).
If you guys find any freebies and want to share with me, tag me on IG @thediylady, or hashtag #NoBuyEmberFreebieFind (Ugh, couldn't figure out a more creative hashtag). But just be sure to follow me on IG and Like my facebook page, so you don't miss out on any freebies I find. :-)
Also, this month of November I'll be partaking in a N.A.I.L Challenge.
N.A.I.L Stands for Nail Art Ideas Linkup.
I did a google search for a November challenge and EeekNailPolish.Com was one of the first links I saw and I liked the idea since it wasn't too confined/restrictive.
This should keep me somewhat busy and take my mind off of my no-buy (I Hope)...
Here's what the N.A.I.L Challenge rules are:
- The dates are just ‘suggested’ dates. Submit your manicure whenever you want in November.
- You don’t need to do all four themes if you don’t want to. No pressure!
- The nail art ideas/themes are open to interpretation. So do whatever floats your boat!
- We encourage all nail lovers to join in whether you have a blog, FB, IG, Tumblr, etc…
- If you’re a hashtagger you can use #NAILLINKUP on social media sites.
- Feel free to copy our widget and share it! The N.A.I.L. graphic is square this month, did you notice?
- Post pics of your November N.A.I.L. manicures to your corner of the internet and then enter your URLs via the inlinkz below.
Solar Eclipse :
Movember Moustaches :
Animals & Pets :
December tries to steal the limelight with all the festive holiday manicures… but we refuse to let November sit on the sidelines! Let’s get creative with our November nails! The Movember Moustaches theme will be especially fun. If you’ve never heard of Movember here’s a quick explanation from wikipedia: Movember is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancer and associated charities. Afterall, who doesn’t love muchos moustachios!?! And the natural place to put a moustache is on your nails, no?
Any questions about NAIL ART IDEAS LINKUP? Contact these ladies below.
This Challenge was put together by them :
Brijit from Brijits Digits, Jacqui from Craftynail, and Jemma from Eeeek! Nail Polish!
So who's joining me in either the #NoBuyEmber or #NailLinkUp Challenge?
I'd love to see some hashtags on IG or Twitter.
And Stay tuned for my N.A.I.L Challenge Posts. I'm so excited.
That's it for now.
Till later. God Bless.