Yes you read the title right. It's time for a fun mani courtesy of the Zoya Surf Collection.
The Surf Collections has 6 very bright shades that are metalic and have the perfect shine to them.
Here's what I came up with:
I couldn't be happier with the result of this mani.
The minute I saw Press release of the Beach and Surf Collection, I Knew I would have so much fun with each color this summer. The colors are as cheery and happy as colors can get, and so they automatically called for a fun mani!
Most of you have seen swatches of this collection so here's something different for your enjoyment. :-D
I'll have swatches of the polishes from this collection up soon and give a review of each polish, but in the meanwhile, please enjoy this fun mani I created with ALL the colors from the Surf Collection.
To achieve the Look you see above, Here's a mini Picture tutorial I came up with.
- Apply a white base. I used Zoya - Purity. Which I consider as the perfect white with a no-streak formula.
- Apply tape around your fingers. Try to leave as little of your skin out as you can. I should have applied tape all over my finger. These polishes are metallic, and they have micro glitters in them. Clean up can be a pain if you have excess polishes around your skin to clean off.
- Use the easiest gradient method ever!!! Apply one coat of all your polishes on the sponge at once. (You'll have to repeat this step for each finger). I used all the colors from the Zoya Surf Collection for this mani.
- Position your finger in the middle of the sponge, and Press down well. This will transfer all the Polishes on to your white base polish. easy as pie!
- Clean up your edges. As you can see, my tips got a bit darker than after step 4. That's because I sponged on Zoya - Carly on the tip of all my nails. The Gradient nails are cuter when there's a shift in intensity of color. You can apply a top coat and be done here, or move on to step 6.
- For a more fun look, whip out your stamping plates, and explore your creativity. The possibilities are endless when you've got a base as gorgeous as this!
- (Not Shown), apply a good top coat. I used two coats of Seche Vite as my topcoat.
I was weary to add stamping to this mani at first because I enjoyed staring at all the colors on my nails. What an amazing way to wear 6 colors all at once! Look at this beauty that is the Surf Collection.
The gradient actually turned out looking like Surfing waves on the beach. Lol...
|Zoya Surf Collection Gradient|
I was ok with my mani this way.. It's pretty and makes me thirsty for lemonade or caprisun, or sunny D.
I couldn't leave the mani alone however. Because I just got some stamping plates I've been longing to use. Lol.. So I whipped out my plates, and added some stripes.
I hope you don't mind the picture spam, but I haven't love a mani THIS much in a while!!! Check out the palm trees on my thumb! Wahhhhh!!!! It's SURF time alright!!!
And Look at this again!!!
Finally, Here are the Polishes I used for this mani. I couldn't find Rory when I wanted to take a picture so she's missing in action. Heck, Knowing Rory, she probably went to the beach to surf. hahahaha... Love my pun there? lol...
|Colors In order of usage: Zoya - Purity, Carly, Kimber, (a missing Rory), Myrta, Meg, and Zuza.|
That's it for now my loves. If you can't tell already, I'll say this again. I am soo happy with my mani! The easy gradient method, the shine and pop of color that these polishes from the Surf Collection have. It's all perfect. Or don't you think so?
You can get these zoya Polishes at $8 each on Zoya's Website or at your local ULTA stores.
When you make a new account by clicking the link above, you'll automatically get a coupon in your account that can be redeemed for a free Zoya nail polish of your choice. Just pay shipping. Or add two more polishes to your cart and get shipping free for all.
Zoya's facebook page is always booming with fun and lots of swatches by Zoya fans. So be sure to "like" them.
Okie doks my love... I'm off to stare at my nails. Lol...
Till Later, God Bless.
**Zoya Surf Collection was sent to me for review. Opinions are 100% mine. Please read my disclosure policy here**